Shift Program Services Include:
- Counseling: Personal relationships, work/life balance, addiction(s), trauma, emotional health, and wellness
- Short-term (crisis) or long-term (case management) support
- Free safer sex supplies: Condoms (all types), lube, dental dams
- Employment support: Resume building, career exploration, interview skills, education/training planning support
- Advocacy: Social benefits (financial, health care), Child and Family Services, etc.
- Practical supports: Basic needs – laundry, food, toiletries, community referrals, etc.
- Legal Support: Court accompaniment, legal information (referrals), pardon and victim compensation application support
- Escort/Massage/Entertainment licensing information and support
- Sexual health information, HIV/STI testing and low-cost contraception referrals
- Working safely: "Bad Date" reporting, safer working strategies (date screening, condom negotiation)
- Referrals: Mental health support, addiction treatment, housing, financial support, etc.
- Education: Community presentations about sex work and related issues for individuals, partners, and allies
- Accessibility: Wheelchair accessible and gender-neutral washrooms in the drop-in space
Copyright © HIV Community Link 2016. All rights reserved.
About Shift Calgary
Shift’s services are non-judgmental, free, and easy to access. All services are confidential, and real names and other personal information is not required to access our program. Shift Calgary is not an "exit-based" program - this means that you don't have to want to get out of the industry to access our services. We work on helping you leave the industry only if this is something you identify you want or are ready for.
Through a partnership with Safeworks, we and have harm reduction nurses on-site at Shift Calgary on the first and third Thursday of the month between 2 and 3:30 pm. Testing, overdose prevention & Naloxone kits, harm reduction supplies & more. Email us at email@example.com if you have questions.
Address: 110 – 1603 10 Ave SW
Telephone Support: 403-237-8171
Monday – Friday: 9am – 12pm & 1:30 – 4pm
Tuesday – Friday: 9 am – 4pm, Mondays by appointment.
This program has been supported with a grant from the Canadian Women’s Foundation and its partners.